Friday, October 30, 2009

Sound

I have been doing extensive research for this blog and reading as much as I can. I was researching another topic entirely and came across this site and decided to then postpone that topic I was on and quickly write my thoughts on this due to this annoying site inspiring me.

Sound interactivity on a site. It can be good and bad. In the very bad situations is that most people like to listen to their own music while on their computers and so to suddenly open up a site that then has interactive music on start up can be nothing short of annoying. What can we worse is if it cannot be turned off, this puts me right off if I cannot control it personally and I don't bother even looking at the site any further and I close it straight away.

As I said earlier, while researching, I actually opened up multiple tabs with sites I was going to read but was suddenly assaulted by some random woman talking to me from my computer. I had to first find out which site it was coming from, then find out how to turn her off. As I scrolled in search of controls, this imagery of a talking woman followed me down the page. Now im frustrated trying to discover the controls, as they are initially hidden, they only appear on rollover of the actual image.

Thank goodness their were controls to turn her off otherwise as I said I would have either muted, but then I lose my own music, if the site somehow seemed to grab my attention but by this time I doubt as I just want her to stop talking, I close it completely.

http://www.brandidentityguru.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment